Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Politics Are Taking Over!

As most anyone reading this already knows, I hate politics. Now, don't take that to mean I don't care about the state of our country or who is making those decisions because I do, very much so. I hate the way politics divides people and how instead of voting based on well thought out, researched decisions many people vote for who they are either TOLD to vote for or who they have been CONVINCED to vote for.

It's not a new idea or anything mind blowing but there's all kinds of political commentary in TV and movies and media in general. It's expected. People have opinions and of course they are going to work them into their craft when they can. However, there are ways of doing it casually or even with humor but Tim Allen's new show, Last Man Standing, is one example of how to take it to unnecessary places.

In an episode scheduled to air before the election, Tim Allen's character tells his daughter "The Democrats will tax your inheritance and will probably use that money to throw gay weddings for illegal aliens." That has got to be the single most politically UNINFORMED statement I've ever read. Liberals do support gay and immigrant rights but to make the leap to the government funding "gay weddings for illegal aliens" is moronic. I realize it's veiled in the cover of humor but in PC America, how is that not considered offensive? The commentary goes on but I think I've made my point.

Now many people will read this and immediately think, "Well, Blando must be some bleeding heart liberal Obama lover" or whatever but that's not the case either. I am not Democrat or Republican and instead of voting for the party I'm told to vote for, I make a personal decision each election year as to who I want running my country. I'm just saying, if you are going to vote (and I hope everyone does) please don't get your "political information" from the TV... or the news... or even FROM ME! Go do some damn research, read about what the candidates have supported on paper NOT IN FRONT OF A MICROPHONE and look beyond Democrat and Republican and check out the "third party candidates" and you might actually find someone you WANT to vote for, not someone you are WILLING to vote for.

No comments:

Post a Comment