Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cool Parents vs. Crappy Parents

I heard a local news story recently that got me thinking about the difference between "Cool Parents" and "Crappy Parents".

The story was about a couple in Bridgeton who were arrested and charged with aiding and abetting someone under age for allowing their teen daughter and her friends to drink at their house.

When I first heard the story I immediately assumed "party pooper". I thought either someone who wasn't invited or possibly a neighbor called the cops on the party and got everybody in trouble. Then I heard the details...

"Officers found fifteen teens between the ages of 12 and 15 drinking."

WHAT??? 75% of the people drinking were UNDER FIFTEEN YEARS OLD!! These 2 idiots deserve to have the book thrown at them because that's just stupidity. Either they were trying to be cool in the eyes of a bunch of kids (which is sad) or they didn't see where this could go badly (which is even sadder).

If this had been a group of 18 & 19 year old teens I'd have no problem with what happened and would even commend them for allowing their kids to party responsibly if they choose instead of sneaking around and risking getting in trouble or worse. However, if you're hosting keggers for kids who aren't even old enough to DRIVE, you really need to re-evaluate your situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment