Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Dirty 30

So today is the big day, my 30th birthday. It's one of those events in life you don't really think about until it happens but strangely, it feels the same as yesterday.

Like most people, the closer 30 got, the scarier it seemed. I had moments where I would question myself and what I've done with the past 30 years but the more I thought about it, the better I felt. I've got a great family that's been there every minute of the past 30 years for anything I needed. I still have fond memories and great friends from my grade school and high school days.  I spent 5 years at ECU partying my ass off, making some of the best memories with some of the most awesome people ever. Then I stumbled into my dream job and have been living the dream every day since.

But the strange thing is, today has become less about what I've done and more about what's next. I've heard more than one person say "My 30s were where I had the most fun" which sounds like a challenge to me. My early years were great and my 20s were unbelievable so if the next 10 years have the chance to top that, I can't wait to see how!

And after that, who knows! What will I do in the next 30 years? Where will I go? Who will I meet? What adventures await? Guess we'll have to wait till 2042 and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment