Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Holiday Recap

So this is my 3rd attempt to write a blog about the holidays but I never really know how to approach it. The holidays with my friends and family fall in the gray area where they are not boring and dull but not worthy of a trip to the ER either.

My family and friends are all very outgoing and kinda wild so there is always some partying involved. The festivities started with my friends "Tacky Xmas Sweater Party" the weekend before Xmas that led me to the mecca of tacky sweaters, KMart, and a snazzy little number I picked up for the event (not to mention the Xmas Scream PJ pants I found).



Sexy huh? And yes, it was a ladies shirt (as if the ring o' tanline wasn't a dead giveaway).

Xmas weekend was a blast. Took the girlfriend to my parents for the weekend and ended up in an epic drinking version of Apples to Apples on Xmas Eve. Xmas Day was a nice reminder of the fact that I'm not a kid anymore. My favorite gifts were my new skillet, a crock pot, and Gears of War 3 (ok, so not totally grown up either). And to top off that domesticated cake, I spent my Xmas money on... a new vacuum. May not sound exciting but I was super happy with it all!

For New Year's we headed up to Raleigh for my friends house warming/New Year's Eve party. I got started a little early and around 7pm had to slow down, sober up a bit, and start back a little later so I could make it past midnight. Lots of drinks, lots of video games, and a few rounds of Apples to Apples and it was 2012. Then we started the year with GIANT cinnamon rolls for breakfast, steak for lunch, and black eyed peas for dinner (not the crappy band, the good luck food).

2011 had some ups and downs like any year but I think 2012 has a chance to make the record books. Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment